The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
This guidance has been superseded by ISO 9001:2015 Clause 6.1 Actions to Address Risks and Opportunities. If you want to see a comparison matrix that correlates the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 to the revised requirements of ISO 9001:2015, please click here to begin comparing.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Preventive action 8.5.3 (superseded)
Preventive action should be considered as a proactive undertaking. For example, if we anticipate a potential problem and take action to eliminate the causes and prevent the occurrence of that problem, this is considered to be preventive action.
Develop a procedure to control preventive actions in order to prevent potential non-conformities from occurring by:
- Reporting potential non-conformities using the forms provided
- Investigating the causes
- Determining their potential effects
- Determining whether action is necessary
- Developing and implementing suitable responses to eliminate the causes
- Recording the results of preventive actions
- Verifying and documenting the effectiveness of preventive actions
Looking for ISO 9001 mandatory procedure templates? Our quality manual template provides a great foundation for establishing, implementing and documenting the six mandatory procedures that are required by the standard.
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.