The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
If you're looking for more up-to-date guidance on ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and ISO 45001:2018, click here.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Preventive action 8.5.3
Preventive action should be considered as a proactive undertaking. For example, if we anticipate a potential problem and take action to eliminate the causes and prevent the occurrence of that problem, this is considered to be preventive action.
Develop a procedure to control preventive actions in order to prevent potential non-conformities from occurring by:
- Reporting potential non-conformities using the forms provided
- Investigating the causes
- Determining their potential effects
- Determining whether action is necessary
- Developing and implementing suitable responses to eliminate the causes
- Recording the results of preventive actions
- Verifying and documenting the effectiveness of preventive actions
Looking for ISO 9001 mandatory procedure templates? Our quality manual template provides a great foundation for establishing, implementing and documenting the six mandatory procedures that are required by the standard.