Design and development
The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
This guidance has been superseded by ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.3.5 Design and Development Outputs. If you want to see a comparison matrix that correlates the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 to the revised requirements of ISO 9001:2015, please click here to begin comparing.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Design and development output 7.3.3 (superseded)
The design and development output is the result of design and development process. The output is a clear description of the product, containing detailed information for production.
Outputs may also include product preservation methods, identification, packaging, service requirements, etc. as appropriate. The output would normally be used as basis for purchasing and process control.
Design and development outputs must reconcile with design and development inputs by determining:
- Whether the outputs meet the input requirements for the design
- Whether the outputs provide suitable information for purchasing
- Whether the outputs provide reference to product acceptance criteria
- Whether the outputs accurately specify essential characteristics
- The types of records that are required
The auditor should expect to see objective evidence that the outputs (7.3.3 a – d) have been verified against the design inputs. This can be accomplished by reviewing documents, plans, etc. interfacing with the customer or internal processes and by comparison with past proven designs.
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.