Plan your management system
The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
This guidance has been superseded by ISO 9001:2015 Clause 7.1.2 Resources - People. If you want to see a comparison matrix that correlates the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 to the revised requirements of ISO 9001:2015, please click here to begin comparing.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Human resources 6.2 (superseded)
ISO 9001:2008, clause 6.2.1 General, requires that personnel performing work affecting product quality must be competent, based on their education, training, skills and previous experience. Competent personnel are able to perform their tasks with minimum supervision. ISO 9001:2008, clause 6.2.2, competence, awareness & training
- Decide the necessary skills and competencies
- Provide training
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
Staff are trained to improve their performance. Comparing existing performance to post-training performance is a simple way of assessing training effectiveness – just like the before and after photos in 'banish grey hair' commercials. A common training template can be used to grade performance in terms of:
- 'Shown' - the person has received instruction
- 'Competent' - the person performs satisfactorily
- 'Able' - extremely competent and able to train others
Your organization must ‘establish and maintain procedures to make its employees and members at each relevant function and level aware of':
- Maintain training records
- The relevance and importance of their activities
- How they contribute to the attainment of the quality objectives
The awareness training does not need to follow the format of long classroom sessions. Training techniques can include short training segments supplemented with videos and hands-on demonstrations that address key elements of the QMS.
Are looking to document your training process? Our quality manual template provides provides a great foundation for establishing, implementing and documenting your training process.
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.