Monitoring and measurement
The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
This guidance has been superseded by ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.1.2 Customer Satisfaction. If you want to see a comparison matrix that correlates the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 to the revised requirements of ISO 9001:2015, please click here to begin comparing.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Customer satisfaction 8.2.1 (superseded)
ISO 9001:2008 requires that customer satisfaction is monitored but does not specify methods. Consider using measures like these:
- Do we deliver on time?
- Do we deliver in full?
- What feedback do we get from sales reps and service engineers?
- Are the key accounts growing?
- Customer audits or monitoring? if favourable, use them as evidence
Monitor and measure customer satisfaction. Both internal and external auditors would expect to see evidence that a consistent and systematic approach has been implemented to deal with customer complaints.
This approach would typically include defined responsibilities for logging and tracking complaints, clearing technical issues, determining problem causes and actions to address them. Specific examples of complaints must be sampled.
The link between the customer complaint process and corrective action also requires special scrutiny. Determine appropriate methods for monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction by:
- Using customer satisfaction surveys
- Providing methods for receiving and dealing with customer feedback
- Providing suitable processes to monitoring trends in customer data
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.