The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
This guidance has been superseded by ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.4.3 Information for External Providers. If you want to see a comparison matrix that correlates the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 to the revised requirements of ISO 9001:2015, please click here to begin comparing.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Purchasing information 7.4.2 (superseded)
Most companies use purchase orders to describe the product or service that is to be supplied. Often, designated individuals within the company create purchase orders using a standard company system. This guidance has been updated for ISO 9001:2015, please click here to review the changes.
Ensure the adequacy of the requirements that are specified by the purchase order prior to release. Each purchase order should include where appropriate:
- Identification of product or service to be delivered, quantity, delivery date, and cost
- Requirements for approval or qualification of product, procedures, processes or equipment
- Requirements for the qualification of personnel
- Quality management system requirements
This guidance has been updated for ISO 9001:2015, please click here to review the changes.
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.