Management system guidance
Evidence‐based decision making
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
Key benefits of evidence‐based decision making
Effective decisions are based on the analysis of data and information. Other performance statistics or indicators, such as timeliness and conformance to the specification, user satisfaction survey results and supplier performance records should also be collected in the data and analysis process.
- Improved decision-making processes;
- Improved assessment of process performance and ability to achieve objectives;
- Improved operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Increased ability to review, challenge and change opinions and decisions;
- Increased ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of past decisions.
Actions you can take enhance evidence‐based decision making:
- Determine, measure and monitor key indicators to demonstrate the organization’s performance;
- Make all data needed available to the relevant people;
- Ensure that data and information are sufficiently accurate, reliable and secure;
- Analyse and evaluate data, and information using suitable methods;
- Ensure people are competent to analyse and evaluate data as needed;
- Make decisions and take actions based on evidence, balanced with experience and intuition.
More information on quality management principles
|Customer focus||Meeting customer requirements and exceeding expectations|
|Process approach||Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA), sequence and interaction, inputs, activities and outputs|
|Leadership||Establishing strategic direction and operational purpose|
|Improvement||Innovation, opportunities, root cause analysis, and ability to react to change|
|Engagement of people||Training, knowledge, competence, and empowerment|
|Relationship management||Maintaining relationships with intertested and providers in the supply chain|
More information on PDCA
Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
How to apply the latest quality management principles
The latest and current quality management principles (QMPs), stated in ISO 9000:2015, are intended to provide the foundation by which any organization can continually improve its performance.
You can learn to apply the latest quality management principles in the context of your business's own particular operations by reviewing and documenting its activities in the context of each quality management principle.
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.