Management system guidance
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
8.1.2 Eliminating hazards
Is the hierarchy of OHS controls correctly applied? Your organization must establish a process and determine the controls needed for achieving reduction in OHS risks using following hierarchy:
- Results of the context analyses (see 4.1 and 4.2) Hazard Elimination: avoiding risks, adapting work to workers, (integrate health safety and ergonomics when planning new work places; create physical separation of traffic between pedestrians and vehicles.
- Substitution: replacing the dangerous by non-dangerous or less dangerous (replacing solvent-based paint with water-based paint).
- Engineering Controls: Implement collective protective measures (isolation; machine guarding; ventilation; noise reduction etc.).
- Administrative Controls: Giving appropriate instructions to workers (lock out processes; induction; forklift driving licenses, etc.).
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Provide PPE and instructions for PPE utilization/maintenance, i.e. safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, chemical & liquid resistant gloves; electrical protection gloves, etc.).
More information on PDCA
Free internal audit checklists
Check out our free internal audit checklists. The audit checklist template is just one of the many tools which are available from the auditor’s toolbox that help ensure your audits address the necessary requirements.
Over 8,000 companies and globally recognized brands have relied on our templates to provide a path to improve, collaborate, and to enhance their operations to achieve certification, please see our client list for more information.