Management system guidance
8.5 Product and service provision
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
This is a new requirement. The auditor will expect to see that adequate measures are taken to protect and preserve the product during internal processing and delivery to the intended destination. If you need a procedure and forms to help control your business's product and service provision process, click here.
The preservation process must include packaging, storage and other product specific handling methods, the requirements for which are likely to be an output of the design process.
- Identification – Ensure that products are properly identified and do not become mixed with other orders. You should expect to see that all products are clearly identified. This is relative to identification and traceability however for preservation of product it is a requirement and not ‘as applicable’;
- Handling – This may include bulk handing using moving equipment or physical contact where handling may influence product conformity. You should verify that suitable handling methods are implemented throughout the processes.
- Packaging – Ensure that labeling and marking of shipped products are sufficient to enable adequate identification and traceability back through your QMS. This should include ensuring that labeling and marking maintains its integrity and remains affixed throughout the shipping process. You should expect to see that methods have been established for packaging the product to preserve its integrity. Package products appropriately for shipping in order to preserve the product’s integrity throughout the shipping process;
- Storage – This should include storage conditions to prevent the deterioration, damage or loss. You should expect to see that product is stored in a manner to safe guard product;
- Protection – Raw materials, in-process materials, inspected product, nonconforming product and product ready for shipping should also be identified with its status and protected from any unintended alteration. You should verify that appropriate measures are in place to protect product. This will vary depending on the product.
More information on PDCA
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.