Management system guidance
8.5 Product and service provision
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
This is a new requirement. The auditor will expect to see that adequate measures are taken to protect and preserve the product during internal processing and delivery to the intended destination.
The preservation process must include packaging, storage and other product specific handling methods, the requirements for which are likely to be an output of the design process.
- Identification – this is relative to identification and traceability however for preservation of product it is a requirement and not ‘as applicable’. You should expect to see that all products are clearly identified;
- Handling – you should verify that suitable handling methods are implemented throughout the processes. This may include bulk handing using moving equipment or physical contact where handling may influence product conformity;
- Packaging – you should expect to see that methods have been established for packaging the product to preserve its integrity;
- Storage – you should expect to see that product is stored in a manner to safe guard product;
- Protection – you should verify that appropriate measures are in place to protect product. This will vary depending on the product.
More information on PDCA
Free internal audit checklists
Check out our free internal audit checklists. The audit checklist template is just one of the many tools which are available from the auditor’s toolbox that help ensure your audits address the necessary requirements.
Over 8,000 companies and globally recognized brands have relied on our templates to provide a path to improve, collaborate, and to enhance their operations to achieve certification, please see our client list for more information.